Symptoms of Mold Exposure in NJ
What you breath in everyday matters!
No one can ever determine when poor indoor air will cause health affects. It could happen relatively quickly (a few days or weeks) or someone may not experience issues for years later. However, immediate effects can show up after just one single exposure. Some effects can be:
– Irritation to the eyes, nose, and throat
Many of the short-term effects can be easily treated and cured. However, exposure can lead to diseases, including asthma, hypersensitivity pneumonitis, humidity fever, etc.
There are many factors that play a role in determining an individuals susceptibility. Age and preexisting medical conditions are two extremely important influences.
– Are there young children living in these conditions (under 14 while the lungs are still maturing)?
– Are they any pregnant women living near or around these conditions?
– Individuals over 50 that may be immune compromised?
– Does anyone have a pre-existing condition?
– A normally healthy individual that has recently become sensitive to there living conditions?
If any of these apply to you or your family then you are playing with fire! Do you own an investment property where these conditions exist? Be prepared for some hefty legal fee if that’s the case.
Many of us (large population) will have effects similar to a cold or viral disease. Other health effects may not show up until years later. These occur after long exposure to chronic moisture or water damage over time which can lead to poor air quality. These effects, which include some respiratory diseases, heart disease, and cancer, can be severely debilitating or fatal. It is always prudent to try and improve the indoor air quality in your home even when symptoms are not noticeable.